3 ways to enter cell references into formulas:
1. Type: Be careful, though, errors may occur.
2. Mouse: Great for when cell reference is far away.
3. Arrow keys: great for when cell references are close.
- As long as “Dancing Ants” are dancing, the arrow keys will keep moving the cell reference.
- If Arrow keys do not put cell reference into formula:
- Lower left corner of Status Bar shows the “Formula Editing Mode”
- You can toggle between these modes with the F2 key.
- Ready = cell is selected.
- Enter = Arrow keys will work to put cell references in formulas.
- Point = Arrows keys are working to get cell reference and “Dancing Ants” are dancing.
- Edit = Arrow keys will move through formula characters. To get into this mode click I-beam cursor in formula.